How do I delete or purge all QuickBooks Online data? and start from scratch
To purge the data, follow the steps listed below:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany.
- Example: URL shows https://…qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage, change to: https://…qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecompany.
- The next screen will provide a summary of the items to be deleted.
- Type the word “YES” once the data gets deleted, then click OK.
- Click Wipe Data once your selections are complete.
- Once the deletion is complete, you will be rerouted to your home page.
To cancel your account:
- Go to Gear icon and select Account and Settings under Your Company.
- Select the Billing and subscription tab.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel.
- Follow the steps to cancel your account. If you use payroll, you should cancel your payroll account too.
To start a new account:
- Go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/choose-country/.
- Fill up the User ID and password.
- You can use the same user ID and a password you previously had. If you activated payroll in the account, this is the best option for you.