In this day and age, it’s more important than ever to take steps to protect your online privacy. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a great way to do just that. In this article, we’ll give you three reasons why you should start using a VPN when surfing the internet.
Contents of Article
When you use a VPN, your internet activity is hidden from your ISP. This means that your ISP cannot sell your data to advertisers. Additionally, your ISP will not be able to track your internet activity. This provides a higher level of privacy for you when you are online.
Another reason to use a VPN is for security. When you use a VPN, all of your traffic is encrypted. This means that if someone was able to intercept your traffic, they would not be able to read it. This helps to protect you from hackers and other malicious actors who may try to steal your data.
2. Unblocking Geo-restricted Content
There are many reasons to use a VPN when surfing the internet. One of the most common reasons is to unblock content that is blocked in your country. For example, if you live in China, you may want to use a VPN to access websites that are blocked by the Chinese government.
Streaming services like Netflix have shows that are geo-restricted. There are multiple shows only available to subscribers from a specific country but not available to users from other countries.
You can use a VPN to connect to a country’s server and watch your favorite shows and movies that are blocked in your country.
Some of the ways how VPNs make your internet browsing session secure:
1. A VPN encrypts your internet connection, making it more difficult for hackers to access your personal information.
2. A VPN can also hide your online activity from your ISP. This is especially useful if you are concerned about your ISP tracking your online activity.
3. A VPN can also help to bypass government censorship. In some countries, the government censors certain websites and blocks access to them. However, if you use a VPN, you can connect to a server in another country where the website is not censored.
4. A VPN can also improve your internet speed. This is because a VPN can bypass internet throttling by your ISP.
5. Finally, a VPN can give you access to geo-restricted content. For example, if you are trying to watch a video that is only available in the United States, you can connect to a server in the US and access the video.
Overall, using a VPN provides a higher level of privacy and security when you are online. If you are concerned about your privacy or security when you are online, then using a VPN is a good option for you.
VPN addons are VPN browser extensions available for your internet browser that unblock geographically restricted content, protects your IP address providing you with a fully secure and private browsing environment.
When selecting a VPN addon for Firefox there are several things you should keep in mind. In the next section, we have shared how to choose a VPN provider that satisfies all your needs while being easy on the pocket.
How to Choose a VPN provider
There are a lot of VPN providers both free and paid available in the market. However, not all VPN providers are created equal. Some VPN providers are better than others. When you are looking for a VPN provider, there are several factors that you should consider.
1. The first factor is the price. There are some VPN providers that charge a monthly fee, while others only charge a one-time fee. You should decide which pricing option is best for you.
2. The second factor is the features offered by the VPN provider. Some VPN providers only offer basic features, while others offer a wide range of features. You should decide which features are most important to you and choose a VPN provider that offers those features.
3. The third factor is the speed of the VPN connection. Some VPN providers offer slower speeds than others. You should choose a VPN provider that offers fast speeds so that you can stream videos and download files quickly.
4. The fourth factor is the server locations offered by the VPN provider. Some VPN providers only offer servers in certain countries, while others offer servers in many different countries. You should choose a VPN provider that offers servers in the countries that you want to connect to.
Does VPN affect the speed of your Internet Connection?
A VPN connection in most cases decreases your browsing speed because a VPN adds a number of steps which was originally absent when your device connected to the Internet with your mobile data ISP or WiFi network.
However, in some cases, a VPN could actually increase your internet speed especially if your ISP is throttling your internet speed while browsing certain websites. Some ISPs actually slow down the speed while visiting streaming websites like Netflix so a VPN in such a case could increase the Internet speed.
What is a minimum Internet Speed for VPN?
If you’re using a VPN for streaming Netflix and other video-on-demand(VOD) websites like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc. then a decent internet speed would be around 10 Mbps and above.
If you are not using a VPN to access Streaming services then a speed of 5 Mbps is more than enough. You can use it to browse geo-restricted websites and keep your connection secure at the same time.
Does VPN Drain Battery?
While browsing the Internet with a VPN, you’ll see a slightly higher battery consumption than browsing without a VPN but it’s not something to worry about because this increase in battery consumption is very small.
Also, if a VPN is enabled and you are not using your phone then you won’t notice any battery drain. The main battery draining occurs when you are using your phone to browse the Internet or use other apps.